Playbox Theatre is running an ongoing recruitment programme, as we continue to seek a full team of highly motivated and organised individuals to oversee the smooth running and health and safety of customers of The Dream Factory during busy times. This, alongside ensuring an excellent customer experience for all of our visitors.
We are currently recruiting a team who will head up the following shifts on rotation:
These days and times operate during Playbox Season dates only (in conjunction with school terms). There is additional work available for the Duty Managers during performances and for other special events throughout the year.
We require one Duty Manager per shift, and the aim is to recruit a team of approx. 10 staff members, who will be programmed according to their availability. We need candidates to be potentially available for a minimum of 4 shifts per month.
Full training will be given prior to first shift.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Responsible for building evacuation in the event of an emergency
- First Aider On Duty (training will be provided)
- Oversee the excellent presentation of the front of house area
- Liaise with the café staff to ensure front of house space is kept clean and tidy
- Greet all visitors to The Dream Factory with warmth and attention to personal detail
- Monitor behaviour in front of house space, and intervene swiftly when necessary
- Answer the phone using the Playbox required language during your shift and take detailed messages
- Pass all enquiries on efficiently to the appropriate member of staff
- Lock up The Dream Factory at the end of the shift
- Have a good working knowledge of current events at Playbox Theatre
- Be familiar with all areas of the Playbox Theatre website, so that queries can be answered
- Direct customers to appropriate studio spaces throughout the shift
- Be an excellent ambassador for Playbox Theatre
- Spot clean where necessary to ensure front of house standards are maintained
- Stand for prolonged periods of time
- Wear Playbox Theatre uniform when required
- Be smart and well-presented at all times
- Warm and friendly manner
- An ability to problem-solve under pressure
- Discreet attitude
- Confidence to approach members of the public
- Confidence to ensure that behaviour is appropriate for a café and a public space, and ability to effectively intercept when necessary
- Ability to use initiative to constantly improve standards of customer experience
- Ability to diffuse frustrated situations with discretion, and a calm manner
ADDITIONAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS:
- Candidate must hold a current DBS (Playbox Theatre can support application for this, if one is not currently held)
- Be willing to undertake First Aid Training
- Basic IT Skills
- Previous customer service experience an asset
- Flexibility in availability
Candidates for this role should contact email@example.com with a letter of introduction, outlining interest in the position, and any information that you see as relevant.
As this is an ongoing recruitment programme, there is no deadline for applications.
Rate of pay: £12.50 per hour
Duty Managers will be engaged on a 0 hours contract, and schedules will be programmed, through liaison with the Playbox Theatre Office Administrator, on a monthly basis.