Please read the following carefully, to ensure a happy membership of Playbox Theatre.
- Membership fees are payable 3 times per year on a seasonal basis. Playbox seasons operate in conjunction with Warwickshire school terms. All dates are published on our website www.playboxtheatre.com.
- Fees are payable in advance in accordance with dates set out in your invoice. Refunds are only available during a member’s first season with Playbox Theatre there is a two week trial period at which time a refund for the remainder of the season may be requested. Refund requests must be made in writing and sent to email@example.com. Refunds will take up to 14 days to process.
- COVID-19 Response – We will always do our best to deliver Playbox Theatre workshops at our usual venues, and in person. We have contingency dates each season for the rescheduling of missed live workshops. However, if due to Covid restrictions we are unable to run events ‘in person’, the sessions will be delivered online, or through pre-recorded workshops (for under 8s). We will not be offering refunds in this case, or crediting fees forward, as sessions will be delivered in an appropriate alternative way.
- Once you are registered within a specific Playbox group and centre, it is not possible to transfer to any other session without formally putting your request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Names will then be added to the relevant waiting list, and places will be offered if, and when, they become available.
- Directors will endeavour to make members aware of all auditions, events, productions and special offers that are relevant. In the event of an absence, we will do our best to make sure any information missed is forwarded, however, we can accept no responsibility for details mislaid or forgotten once these have been distributed to the group. Please note, it is not always possible for Playbox Theatre to send out information missed due to absence. Do be aware, much of our communication is via email, including casting opportunities and special offers. It is parents’ responsibility to check emails from Playbox Theatre, and to pass information on to their child. The email address that you supply at the time of your child’s Playbox registration is the address we will write to. We recommend that parents and members regularly check our website and refer to social media to help keep up with opportunities.
- Only members of the Acting workshops are eligible to audition for Playbox Theatre productions. If a production explores a specific genre e.g. Musical Theatre, casting will be opened to appropriate specialist courses.
- If membership fees are not paid in full by the date agreed, Playbox Theatre reserves the right to release a member’s place, or to disallow the member to attend a workshop.
- In the unlikely event that your child does not wish to renew with Playbox Theatre, please advise in writing to email@example.com at time of re-registration. Please note all fees are non-refundable, should your child wish to leave before the end of a season.
- Punctuality is important due to the nature and structure of training. Please do your best to ensure prompt arrival at workshops.
- No food or drink apart from water may be admitted to a Playbox Theatre workshop. Chewing gum, smoking and the consumption of alcohol and the use of, or being under the influence of, illegal substances is strictly forbidden at all Playbox Centres.
- Trousers and soft shoes should be worn to all workshops and rehearsals for safety and practicality. Inappropriate dress may result in a member not being permitted to participate in certain exercises or being offered something alternative to wear.
- Mobile phones must be switched to silent or left in a closed bag at the edge of the Playbox Studio. At no time must any part of a workshop be photographed or recorded by a member, unless it is through prior arrangement with the workshop director. No images or recorded material may be uploaded to the internet by members.
- Bullying, verbal abuse or any other offensive behaviour will not be tolerated in any Playbox setting. This includes members, parents, patrons and staff.
- Prompt collection of children at the end of workshops is crucial. We are unable to supervise your child after their workshop has finished. Although we will do our best to ensure their safety after the session, it is ultimately the responsibility of the parent, or appointed adult to arrive on time. If a problem arises, contact must be made by calling Playbox Theatre 01926 419555 and we will endeavour to contact the workshop director.
- In the event of cancellation due to causes beyond our control, such as severe weather, no refund will be given.
- Health and safety rules at all Playbox Centres are paramount. It is your responsibility to be aware or these rules and comply with the recommendations at all times.
- As a member of Playbox Theatre your details will be available to ‘The Friends of Playbox Theatre’ but no other third parties.
- Playbox Theatre will frequently share images of Playbox workshops and events, including rehearsals and show performances. These images are used for marketing and publicity purposes. If you, or a member of your family, would prefer not to appear in marketing material, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment of fees and membership of Playbox Theatre means that you and your child accept, in full, the terms and conditions laid out here by Playbox Theatre.
If you have any questions regarding the above, please contact membership on 01926 419555 or email email@example.com
BOX OFFICE – TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please check that the number of tickets, and date and time of performance are correct.
The layout of the theatre may change depending on the show.
Studio seating is unreserved.
Terms & conditions of sale
- The Management reserves the right to refuse admission to the auditorium or to make any alterations to the advertised programme or cast.
- Please ensure you arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of the performance. Latecomers may be refused admission until a suitable break in the performance. Refreshments may be unavailable in the last 5 minutes before show starts.
- Babies in arms are not admitted and every child must have their own seat.
- Please ensure all mobile phones are switched off during the performance.
- Photography, video or audio recording is strictly forbidden.
- We regret that tickets cannot be refunded. Tickets can be exchanged at the discretion of the Box Office Manager providing adequate notice is given and subject to an administration fee of £2.50.
- Stage effects such as strobe lighting, smoke and haze may be used during some performances.
- Only food and drink purchased from the venue may be consumed on the premises.
- Please make the Box Office aware of any special requirements (wheelchair access, limited mobility etc) at time of booking by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org