Playbox seek KITCHEN SUPERVISOR (F/T)
Reporting to the Café Manager in our busy theatre café at The Dream Factory. You will have the following tasks and responsibilities;
- Assist in the preparation of food as required in our seasonally changing menu.
- To undertake baking, maintaining our popular and in demand range of cakes, cookies and pastries.
- To serve food and beverages in an engaging and friendly manner.
- To act as duty manager in the absence of the Café Manager, supervising junior and occasional staff and maintaining the high standards required by this prestigious young people’s theatre.
- Ensure maintenance of café Health and Safety, hygiene regulations and consistent risk assessments.
- To undertake regular café duties, for example fridge and food stocking, ensuring presentation is consistent and adheres to our standard of display. Regular table clearance and ensuring that tables front of house are presentable and ready for customers.
- It is essential that the Kitchen Supervisor has catering experience and skills previous to this appointment.
- Basic numeracy.
- A friendly, engaging personality to welcome our many and diverse guests at all times.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure.
- To maintain, by example, the friendly and welcoming ethos of Playbox Theatre.
- Basic food hygiene certificate.
Salary: £15,500 per annum
Hours: 40 hours per week. Will be required to work some weekends and evenings.
To apply, please send your CV and letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org.